Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Truck Rental

When I started in the book business I naively thought that I could, at times, use my tiny sports car for a take-all. Boy, was I under the wrong impression!  You will need a truck to haul books.   Even if you own a pickup truck it will make your work much more difficult if you try to use it. You need a big truck. Not only do you need a big truck but you need a big truck with a ramp.  I recommend using a Uhaul moving truck. The smallest Uhaul truck you can rent with a ramp is a 14 footer.  Uhaul trucks that are shorter than 14 feet in length do not have ramps.  If the truck does not have a ramp you will have to lift your take-all books into the back of the truck.  Then you will have to climb into the truck and arrange the books in an orderly fashion. This amounts to double working yourself.  If this does not make sense now, as you are reading these words, it will when you get out and do your first take-all.